9/20/14

Why Did I Just Pop that Zit?!?!?

#thatmomentwhen......
 
 
 

 Yeah.  Ever happen to you?  And it's always right before you're going out. WHY DO WE DO THIS!?   Funny story: In high school I played basketball.  One day right before practice I had been bothered by this massive zit (one of those that is like... painful.) so I decided to pop it.  I mean, I had to like wrestle with that sucker.  Right smack dab in the middle of my forehead.  As I was walking out of the locker room my coach runs into me and says, "Cisar - did you get hit in the head by a ball???!!!" Seriously, one of the most humiliating moments of my teenage life.
I'm not here to tell you not to pop that zit.  How could I?  My roommates can attest that I am the number one offender.  It just seems like it will be better if it's popped (it rarely is better, though).  What I can offer are some tips that have worked for me! 
To the girls who have no issues with zits - good for you. 
To the girls still in high school who are thinking that acne magically goes away after graduation - sorry to burst that bubble.

Hot Water, a Towel, and Pressure
  • Turn that hot water faucet on, get towel wet, hold on problem area until a bit more manageable, then pop!
Toothpaste
  • Drying out zits over night can seriously reduce their size and toothpaste can do the trick!  Rather than paying the extra monies for that extra salicylic acid treatment, your toothpaste can substitute!
Makeup Meant to Treat
  • If you're a makeup wearer and have troubles with acne, consider buying a makeup with acne treatments built-in.  At the very least it makes you think something is helping
Triple Antibiotic Treatment
  • Those pimples are caused by bacteria so this stuff actually helps, but it feels a little sticky..

Aveeno Products
  • If you're looking for a decent mega-store product, Aveeno works wonderfully!  There are those incredibly expensive department store systems like Clinque or Mary Kay Velocity, but they also come with those department store prices.  Aveeno makes really effective, clean, and green products that are relatively well priced!

Keep in mind.... 
  • It's not as noticeable as you think... We always seem to think the worst about ourselves.  Do you frequently think about another person, "Ew...they look disgusting.  I can't believe they would leave the house with that volcano on their face."  No.  I mean, unless you are a very critical person.  People are not focusing on your blemishes as much as you are.
  • It will go away eventually... Seems like it won't - it will! I promise!!
  • If you smile, people will just look at your pretty smile!! Plus, positivity is such an amazing powerful tool.

Until next time, friends!
-RC :)

No comments:

Post a Comment